FEEL GOOD FIRST FRIDAY SERIES
Join us in the community room for a variety of programs that make you feel good the first Friday of the Month! Food Donations welcomed!
- February 3rd : Acoustic Duo: 2 Members of Tenderhooks: Palmyra’s Cara Broadbelt and Kevin McKinney. Acoustic versions of their favorite songs.
- March 3rd: 8-9:30pm: Introduction to Reflexology Michelle Pizzo; LMT; BCTMB; Nat’l Cert. Foot Reflexologist; ARCB. An informative look at the practical work of reflexology. Learn how reflexology manifested in the United States and its modern day applications. A reflexology session demonstration and understand how it can fit into our daily lives. This programs runs 8-9:30pm
- April 7th: 7:30-8:30pm: QUICK HEALTHY DINNER OPTIONS PRESENTED BY the owners of FRESH PRODUCE OF PALMYRA. You can still buy, prepare and eat healthy even when you are busy! Suggestions and tips for easy healthy dinner options.
- Spring Art Show May 5th: 7-9pm Our Annual Art Show with local artists and family art projects!
Winter Programs are here: View Winter 2017 Program Flyer
- 5-9 year olds – Time: Wednesday 7-8:15pm
- Dates: January 25th – March 8th (7weeks)
- Cost: Residents $35 Non-Residents $40 – Registration required.
- [ for the Family All ages – Time: Tuesday 7-8pm
- Dates: January 24th – March 7th NO CLASS FEB. 7th (6 weeks)
- Per Class Cost: Residents $10 per class for small families (1-3 people) $15 for large families (4+ people). Non-residents $13 for small families $17 large families
Learn to Play Piano
- Ages 7-14 – Time: Tuesday 7-8pm
- Dates: January 31th – March 7th (6 weeks)
- Cost: Residents $30 Non-Residents $35
- Ages 9 and up. Time: Thursday 3-4pm
- Dates: January 26th – March 9th NO CLASS FEBRUARY 16th (6 weeks)
- Cost: Free to residents with a donation to our local food pantry. Non-residents $20 for 6 week session. Registration is required.
Spotlighters Action Theater
- ages 6-11 – Time: Monday: 3:30-4:30pm
- Dates: January 30th – March 20th (8 weeks) Show: 5:30pm March 20th
- Cost: Residents $40 Non-Residents $45 – Registration required
- Ages 15 and up – Time: Thursday 7-9pm
- Dates: January 26th – March 9th (7 weeks)
- Cost: Donation to our food pantry. Non-Residents, $5
Wellness Yoga With Jill Croft
- Adults and children 10 and up – Time: Sunday 9-10am
- Dates: January 29nd – March 19th NO CLASS FEBRUARY 26th (7 weeks)
- Cost: $35 for residents. $40 for non-residents. Drop in’s available $6 Non-residents $7
Music and Me
- Agest 8 mos – 4 years – Time: Monday: 10 -10:45am
- Dates: January 30th – March 20th (8 weeks)
- Cost: Donation to Food Pantry OR $5 per class
For more information and to register: View 2017 Winter Program Flyer
Other Upcoming Events
Palmyra Business Portrait Sessions
Sunday, February 19th 5pm-9pm Registrations Required.
To register email: email@example.com. Stone Gallery Studios will offer Professional Head Shot for Palmyra based business to use for marketing, website and FB! Cost: $40 ($10 donated directly back to Palmyra Community Center Program Board) Includes One Digital File emailed with full reproduction rights. Additional poses offered at $25 per ($5 donation to PCCPB). Basic retouching included.
Quite often our local food pantry will let us know what they are in need of and we do our best to get the word out. We thought we would kick it up a notch! You can now donate food to the pantry at Borough Hall, M-F 8:30-4:30. The basket is located right inside the main doors. Look for our Facebook posts and messages on Instagram to see what the pantry needs. Currently the Pantry is need of toiletries, sugar, coffee, creamers and snacks. If you are headed to the Community Center you can bring your donations there as well, the bucket is in the lobby.
The Community Center has teamed up with the Borough of Palmyra, the War Memorial Committee and the Girl Scouts to help collect worn American Flags for proper disposal. Please bring your flags to the lobby of Borough Hall M-F, 8:30-4:30PM.
Community Garden – Join in on the fun of our community garden. Contact Borough of Palmyra at 856-829-610 for more information.
Below is list of programs we would like to present to the Community. Feel free to email us any of your own ideas or let us know you have a class you would like to offer.
- Bone Marrow Drive
- Get Fit – Exercise Classes
- Home Repair Classes
- How to pick a college
- Language Lessons
- LVA Classes
- Movie Night
- Music for Toddlers
- Cooking, Baking
- Craft Making
- Cribbage Club
- Book Club
- Chess Club
- Sewing, Knitting, Quilting
- Tai Chi
- Travel Club
- Write Direction Homework Club
- Environmental Seminars
- ESL Classes
- Science Enrichment – Flight
- Education & Fun
- Resume Writing / Career Transitioning / Job Hunting Support
- Retirement Planning
- SAT Tutoring
- Students – Teens
- Computer Training